Friday, September 6, 2013

Banana Oatmeal Muffins & a Super Tasty Slush!

I make these muffins & I love them!!!  They are very filling, not overly banana-ee, and super simple to make!  I found the recipe on Pinterest & it comes from Debbie Reichert

Pardon the chocolatey mess I made on the muffin tins.  I almost forgot to add them & made a huge mess trying to add them while 1/2 in the oven.  Because taking them out for 15 seconds would have been so much harder...


Ingredients:
2.5 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup plain low fat yogurt - I like to use Kefir plain yogurt.  It's meant for smoothies so it's a little like      thick milk & makes the muffin a little less dense.2 eggs
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 TBSP ground flax seed
1 tsp vanilla
2 very ripe bananas 


 Optional:
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 mini chocolate morsels


Put your oats in the food processor & basically grind them into a flour.  Then you can add everything else & blend it well.  After it's all blended, I stir in the walnut pieces.  Scoop into your tins & bake.  I baked mine at 350 b/c I have the recipe scribbled on an index card with none of the actual instructions so I went with trusty 350.  Sprinkle a few morsels on top & bake.  

I love these for breakfast or an afternoon pick-me-up.


I made a new little treat last night!  Again, I found this one on Pinterest.  It comes from Thistlewood Farms.  I didn't have pink lemonade but I had raspberry lemonade.  It's technically pink, so I went with it!




 
Please excuse the Pokey Puppy


 
I added about a 1/2c of the lemonade to about a cup of frozen strawberries & blended until it was smooth with the consistency much like an Icee .  I was also thinking it would be great with some coconut rum!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment