Thursday, August 29, 2013

Mermaids on the brain!

Miss Maddie decided that she really wanted a pool party for her birthday party this year with a mermaid theme.  I searched Etsy to find the "just right" mermaid clip-art to make her invitations with.  I found it at a cute shop called RainbowPips.  After about an hour of Maddie standing on the back of my chair & Grace laying over my desk while they offered their opinions, I finished her invitation.  I love how it turned out!!!



I'm a little concerned about the weather.  I decided to go ahead and have a back-up plan.  I made these little cards to let everybody know what would go down if the weather gets funky.  I'll also be making some  coordinating thank you cards for Maddie to fill out after it's all over.




  I love them so much but most of all, Maddie loves them and that's all that really matters.  They always look forward to the making of the invitations.  It signals the beginning of the planning & the festivities!  I love their birthdays & try to make them as special as my mom always made ours.  She set the bar pretty high for special.  Not necessarily extravagant, but definitely super special!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment