Thursday, May 22, 2014

Ode to Shredded Chicken

I am a huge fan of shredded chicken!  I love how versatile and wonderful it is for light, summer meals.  Honestly, nobody really wants to eat meatloaf when it's 100 degrees!  It's great cold or warm, on salad, in a taco, mixed up with some stuff to make a "salad", mix it with a little bit of BBQ sauce, use it in a sandwich... Today, I thought I'd share two of my absolute favorites!


                 

1) The chicken taco: 2oz shredded cheese, a little colby jack, a spoonfull of guacamole, a handful of shredded lettuce, and just a little bit of ranch = best lunch ever!


                  

2) Green Goodness: Wholly Guacamole, schredded chicken, and just enough feta chese to know there is feta cheese in there.  Cool, light, tasty!  I like to eat it with a few Julio's tortilla chips.  Oh, Julio's, how my family loves you!

                 


I typically use the Fiesta Chicken Rub but sometimes I'll use my much loved Louisiana Cajun Seasoning to season my chicken.  I either grill it or just toss it in a pan with a little oil or chicken stock, and I mean a little!  I use my baby food processor to shred it because it's just easier that way.  

                   

Give me a little time and I'm sure I'll come up with more stuf to do with shredded chicken!  Until then, give these 2 a try and enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment