Friday, August 23, 2013

Finally! The DIY play kitchen is done!

So my daughters, 8 & 5, liked to with their play kitchen but it was entirely too short.  Grace was having to play with it on her knees.  I promised a taller kitchen and if they'd give up the old one.  They finally agreed!  My next move was to get on Pinterest and get ideas. My girls loved the overall design of the one made by John & Sherry Petersik.  The link to their kitchen here.  I found a $5 microwave cart on Craigslist and used some scrap wood that my handy husband let me have.  So, here it is before...

My $5 find!


Here it is in all of it's sanded glory!


 My girls chose a color called Cockatiel & we found it at Lowes


 I hot glued subway tiles for a back-splash


We found some super cute shelf paper at Target but it wasn't very sticky so I pookied it down


And here is the finished product!
I need to make a little dust ruffle to cover the wheels.  I asked Mr Davis to make me a piece of trim & I got "the look" so I decided a dust ruffle would look better anyway!

 Inside the cabinet


 I had planned a curtain to cover the storage area but the girls protested and want it left open so you can see the shelf paper

I found the faucet at Home Depot for $15.  The sink was a chip bowl we use for parties.  I hot glued a clip to hang their recipes and used those sticky poster mounting squares to attach our Dollar Tree dry erase board.  The burners are scrap plywood  & the knobs are just wooden knobs.

The girls are so happy with the finished product and so am I!!!  It's exactly what they wanted and it cost me about $40 to make!









1 comment:


  1. Download over 16,000 WOODWORKING Plans at here
    http://woodworkingplanspro.weebly.com
    Woodworking guide offers anyone of any skill level the ability to build amazing projects. The guide is extra helpful because it offers more detailed explanations, videos and blueprints then your typical woodworker magazine.
    Hope it will help you next time !

    ReplyDelete