Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I hate making lunches but...

I hate making lunches but I do like to make them cute.  I like to put notes, jokes, and fun facts in their lunches.  I made little place mat napkins when Grace was in 1st grade and made new ones for both girls this past spring.  I like to plan ahead for the notes so I don't really have to think about it.  I keep them in an envelope on the side of the fridge so I can just pull one out and drop it in their lunchboxes.  With that said, I here's my first round of notes.  I thought I would send them off with some of my favorite pictures from some of our outings over the summer.  So, without further ado...

 These are the little place mat napkins that I put in their lunchboxes.  They are fans of these because they can open up their food & it not have to sit on the table.  Maybe they're borderline germaphobes.



If I make them 3X3, they'll fit nicely into these cute little envelopes I bought for no reason.  But, I can only get 6 to a page.  


 If I make them 2X2, I can get 20 per page and still have room for my little note on the back.  The pictures are a little smaller than I'd like though.  And when I print quotes and jokes, I'm afraid it will be a tight fit.


I think I have found a happy medium with making them 2 3/4" - this way I can make 12 at a time!  The pics look nice and they're big enough for jokes and quotes.



 Realistically, do they need to be in the cute little envelopes? No.  Am I really going to add another step to my morning just for cuteness?  Depends on if I've got myself together and I have an extra minute or two...so the real answer here is no. 

They're a cute size and I'll be printing them on card stock simply because I like it.  I like that it feels more like a card.  When I do quotes and jokes, I won't have to change the template to make room for a legible font.  I'm sure I'll slap myself later for saying this, but I cannot wait to make their first lunches - they're going to be so fun!  I have to go, my nerd is showing.



No comments:

Post a Comment